A good series ruined (Gaming)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 10:50 (2773 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

This strategy is terribly weak, and likely won't convince anyone adding micro-transactions to stop. It doesn't at all address typically weak human will, especially when they're born and raised in a materialistic focused culture.

Better reason to make a strong Cody-like stance: if you buy the game and avoid the micro-transactions, next time they may just make it harder to avoid them.

If a game like this came out and sold absolutely zero micro transactions I'm pretty sure it would send a strong signal. If the next game forces them down your throat and makes them necessary to win then sure, boycot the game. I do it all the time with free to play games and games where ratchet up the wait times in order to try and get me to pay something. But for a game like this one, where we have people on record saying it is very well done and the micro transactions do not impact it? I'll buy and play the fun game and not touch the micro transactions.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread