Yeah, just too many variables (Gaming)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, August 25, 2016, 11:28 (2772 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

This strategy is terribly weak, and likely won't convince anyone adding micro-transactions to stop. It doesn't at all address typically weak human will, especially when they're born and raised in a materialistic focused culture.

Better reason to make a strong Cody-like stance: if you buy the game and avoid the micro-transactions, next time they may just make it harder to avoid them.

If a game like this came out and sold absolutely zero micro transactions I'm pretty sure it would send a strong signal.

I doubt this would ever work. Absolutely zero transactions? Are you joking?

Better to take a stronger stance now and boycott the game.

I assume a successful boycott of this game is just as likely as boycotting the micro-transactions absolutely.

Well sure. We're too excited to play Mankind Divided.

EDIT: oh but the possibilities. Mankind Divided, an excellent game, suffering poor sales because of micro transactions.

For example, I'm not going to buy it, I didn't buy the other one, I've got too many other options and if I need my stealth FPS action with a myriad of options fix, I'll play the Dishonored series, but not because of this micro-transactions nonsense, I just haven't seen anything to convince me to play this and that boss battle kerfuffle in the first one sounded awful for a stealth minded player.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread