Very late blind raid (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, August 29, 2016, 11:18 (2769 days ago) @ Cody Miller

There is the possibility I may not be able to play Destiny for several more months.

The raid is the only reason I would get Rise of Iron, and if I cannot do the raid blind I simply do not want to play it at all, which means there would be no reason to buy Rise of Iron.

What is the likelihood of five other people here not raiding for so long? Let's say 2 months. If it's longer than that, then the decision is pretty much made for me. I very much doubt the usual crew will wait that long. I'm thinking more along the lines of the Deeply Flawed crew or something, who tend to much more leisurely.

I will know next week.

I can't speak for the other deeply flawed raiders on the PS4, but I've tended to do my blind raids on the Xbox for practical reasons--probably 2 to 3 weeks after the raid drops. I love my PS4 peeps dearly, but for whatever reason, many of the PS4 players who are active here seem to be on the west coast, and they tend to start and play later than I would prefer. Also, it has taken me as long as a few weeks to finish a blind raid and that's required having a stable of blind players--more than six--and there just seems to be more of those people on the Xbox who can play when I can. Plus, I've got friends on Xbox, too, and the blind raid gives me some quality time with them.

All that said, I'll be glad to pretend to be blind and play with you if I'm already spoiled. I doubt that appeals to a purist like you--we're alike on this score--but what the PS4 group I usually play with sometimes lack in skill they make up for in patience, and I bet we can find a group willing to pursue bad strategies, etc., with cheer, just because we like playing, regardless of progress. That may seem like a poor substitute, but I suspect you're one of the primary "idea guys" during the blind raid anyway, and I'm sure we can get a group who are willingly to blindly follow your lead. I'd enjoy playing with you--I always do.

Kerm

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread