Do YOU enjoy playing the Crucible alone? (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, August 29, 2016, 16:18 (2790 days ago) @ someotherguy

I don't know if its the age of the game or a result of SBMM, but it's real hard to just play to have fun at the moment. Or rather relax and have fun. I can join in the sweat games and have some success, but I can't just switch on some PvP and de-stress any more. For a change I thought I'd snipe for a couple of games and it was brutal. God forbid you queue up Doubles or Rumble.

So, here are a few questions I have: Is Destiny prioritizing skill over connection? Derek Carrol claimed Destiny would almost immediately slacken the skill requirements, but not the connection requirements. What exactly changed in Y2? Was skill not factored into Destiny MM at all in Y1? Has something changed since all the tears over sweaty games in early 2016 or have people just come to terms with it?

My recollection is I've had the most fun & done best while playing solo in Jan-April of this year, but I've gotten noticeably worse this summer and feel I'm letting my team down when playing in a fireteam.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread