Do YOU enjoy playing the Crucible alone? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, August 29, 2016, 19:36 (2768 days ago) @ Claude Errera

No, and to be completely honest, I'm enjoying it less and less with friends as time goes on.

I'm sure I sound like a broken record at this point, but for me, Sniper rifles have gone from being an annoyance to borderline ruining the game for me (at times). I'm just sick of being quickscoped by run-and-gun snipers who are able to pull of the most insane insta-headshots, or spending the entire match dealing with campers who are able to hit headshot after headshot despite the fact that I'm hitting them in the face with Mida or Jade Rabbit or whatever. I don't hold it against the players who are able to do this... it requires skill, no doubt about it. It just seems like a skill that trumps all others. As someone who's never enjoyed sniping, it frustrates me to no end that there really is no good reliable way to counter snipers other than out-sniping them. And the more time goes by, the better those uber-snipers continue to get.

lol - and I've been playing with someone this past week who's been saying almost every night that Shotguns should be removed from the game. It's all about what you DON'T have, not what you do. ;)

heh, I'd take your friend to task on that one :)

Shotguns are great. In the right hands, they can be extremely effective. I get killed by them plenty of times. But I don't consider them a problem because
a) if you know they are there, they can be easily avoided (a team with 2 or 3 snipers is impossible to avoid, unless your plan is to hide for the entire match)
b) if you know they are there, they can be easily countered (snipers can so effectively insta-kill even while taking fire that can't be reliably countered by any other weapon)
c) they are deadly within a very specific range. Outside that range, they are utterly useless (snipers can 1-hit-kill from any range, and are insanely effective at close-mid range thanks to low zoom scopes, quick draw, high magnetism, etc)
d) while potentially deadly, using a shotgun fundamentally requires the user to put themselves in extremely risky situations (snipers have the luxury of keeping their distance, but can still be deadly even if you push up and engage from close range. Getting close to a sniper does very little to negate their advantage)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread