Do YOU enjoy playing the Crucible alone? (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, August 29, 2016, 20:18 (2767 days ago) @ BeardFade

Sidenote: I really don't understand shotguns in the world of Destiny. Who's developing these guns that you hardly use in PvE? It's an area of technology that doesn't seem to have enough use in the universe to warrant the time spent researching and developing better shotguns. The only plausible use of shotguns would be hordes of Thrall attacking you. It's really the only time in the story/universe where a shotgun would be the most useful weapon. Weapons better suited to the task of eradicating the darkness would have been designed and created in this universe. You'd focus on being able to take out targets from easy safe distances. But I'm probably putting more thought into this than people think I should.

Even then, an Auto Rifle would probably handle the masses of thrall better, yes? The only time a shotgun is good in PvE is when you want to do a quick burst of damage up close, but the amount of damage isn't enough to take down a significant opponent, and thrall usually overwhelm you faster than you can fire a shotty...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread