In-Game Voice Chat (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 15:13 (2794 days ago) @ unoudid
edited by unoudid, Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 15:17

Does anyone feel that Bungie really dropped the ball with the lack of in-game voice chat at launch? If you are going in solo to a 3v3 playlist, the main advantage to fireteams is that they can communicate with each other. At launch there was no in-game voice chat for matchmade teams. Once they added the option it was turned off by default (opt-in only) if I remember correctly. This has made playing destiny alone almost an anti-social game. I can probably count the number of times on one hand that people actually used the in game chat. I can only think of one strike where I've been invited to party chat by randoms in order to coordinate the goal of going for a specific exotic sword.

Anyway, just thinking about the whole playing solo thing more. I played some crucible last night (3v3 & 6v6) with a fireteam and had an awesome time just chatting away.

edit: I realize there are some hardcore annoying people out there who should be banned from ever opening their mouths. Let's ignore the obvious here.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread