Haunting (Destiny)

by Durandal, Friday, September 09, 2016, 12:50 (2816 days ago) @ BeardFade

The main takeaway is that if I have a shot lined up, even if I'm out of range, it should hit.
That is why there is fall off damage right? To make weapons more effective at their intended range?

I realize this isn't battlefield with bullet drop and non-hitscan lag projectiles. Other weapons, such as ARs and Pulses, will hit outside of the range drop off. Damage is reduced at those ranges, but I can still get hits. Why are HCs so different? Is it just the fear of the cross map counter snipes from Vanilla?

I'm fine with bloom and damage drop off for guns. In fact instead of tweaking damage sometimes I would prefer they adjust bloom and other factors on guns, but that doesn't matter here. My shots shouldn't just disappear because someone moved 5 feet back. When the patch first dropped, I thought my HCs were totally ineffective since I suddenly couldn't hit anything! I raged precisely because I had perfect shots that had zero effect.

It's the same thing as Fusion Rifle shots disappearing as soon as you die, so people can live through an exchange because they have hit-scan weapons vs. non-hitscan.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread