53 to 100; my thoughts (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, September 12, 2016, 00:51 (2793 days ago) @ unoudid

Just finished up a long weekend of playing salvage for Grimoire. Went from something like 53 wins up to 100 over the course of the weekend. That was brutal, but fun in general.

General thoughts on the changes:
- Love the fact that you can play the game type now and actually win a match.
- The disable probe timer is just crazy long. You can get it, but it's much harder than before. I kinda wish I had a button on my controller dedicated to just holding X during salvage (I could do this with my controller, but whatever).
- Fireteams/communication is key. This should be a no brainer, but those revive points, and revive locations makes games so much better. Coordinating supers and deploying probes makes things easier.
- The respawn locations if you don't get revived are just brutal now. You typically spawn at the farthest possible spot away from the relic making it nearly impossible to make an attempt to disable the probe.
- Defender/Fun Police builds are great for both offensive/defensive attacks on the probe. Nothing like dropping a bubble on the probe to get a double/triple kill and a disable.

Anyway, Finally got my 5 grimoire points I "needed" and had a great time. Even got to watch Zero get a mark of the unbroken during one match.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread