This is another reason not to pre-order (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 14:50 (2805 days ago) @ Korny

Also: these are game servers we're talking about here, not life support systems.

To be fair, Destiny is Cody's life support system. Even back when he quit the game forever once and for all, he wouldn't shut up about it, so you can understand his frustration with not being able to instantly feed his obsession.

Back in 1985, you did have to stand in a line to buy your game (assuming they had enough copies available by the time you got to the front). Heck, in 2004, I had to stand in an hour-long line after the game launched to pick up Halo 2. I wasn't able to hop on at the stroke of 12 to play, so Cody's entitled whining is really dumb and blind to the reality of things (uncharacteristic!).

Besides, we don't know for certain what caused the downtime, but it wasn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Not gonna use that as a strike against Bungie or anything. Heck, I might buy some Silver later today...

You evil person you.[does challenge dance]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread