Fantasy/sci-fi, or sci-fi/fantasy? *Minor RoI Spoilers* (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:40 (2795 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by MacAddictXIV, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 13:44

I think it would be a lot of fun to do a "flash back" mission. We have heard so many pieces about our past but nothing solid. All I know is that shit happened and we have only kinda learned from it. I would love to have a mission where we are playing as an old school guardian. It doesn't have to be a whole expansion, just one mission that gives us a feel what it was like and maybe explain some lore from the past by playing it out!

That could be a really cool way to start a new game or expansion.

Imagine if The Dark Below began by putting us into the shoes of a Guardian who fought in the massive battle against Crota's forces on the moon. You get to actually experience the battle. The mission ends with the death of your surrogate Guardian. Then, the game brings you back to "current day", back to your Guardian, and the story begins.

It's kinda like an assassin's creed feel to it. You know you are going to die, but that is irrelevant. It also gives you the actual feel of what it is like to be those early guardians. Like what if you could play the last moments of the Iron Wolves? Or someone in Eris's fireteam when they went below? Or anyone in the fireteam that went into the Vault of Glass? That would be freaking awesome.

I just think it would be a great way to help give believable importance to our past history. If we can actually FEEL what it was like to live those moments. That guardians can die or at least get lost in time or whatever. Right now I feel like we are an unstoppable force that is immortal. This expansion has helped a little bit with that.

[Edit]
Validity is the word I was looking for :-) Most of the time I read the story and I'm like "ahh that's cool but whatever" Actually playing as those characters that are supposed to be the foundation of the current story line would give what I'm currently doing more validity.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread