I'm a little disappointed in the new RoI armor (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 19:23 (2802 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Not because it's bad, but more because it isn't distinctly better (or really all that different) from the old armor I've been wearing since TTK. I've found I'm better off just infusing my old gear rather than using anything new that drops simply because the odds of any new gear having an equivalent or superior stat roll is so low.

I think this is a side effect of having so much time between content updates. For us (the hardcore player base), one of the few ways to continue a feeling of personal progression has been to spend the past year collecting the best armor we can. I'm not as hardcore about it as some others, but I've put together combinations of armor on each of my characters that are geared towards certain activities or weapon combos, and I've spent months doing it. It's tough for me to ditch many of my individual pieces of armor because I wear them in conjunction with other pieces for specific loadouts.

Despite this, I've decided to just throw caution into the wind and equip new armor when I like the look of it. I'll get like a thousand of each new armor piece over the next year, so I'll worry about ideal stat rolls later. For now, I'm excited wearing new stuff :)

Yeah, comparing a year worth of armor drops to barely two days worth is... kinda not exactly as fair as possible... Personally, I'm mixing and matching. I'm keeping my Int/Str/Dis where I want it and swapping out for equal or better perks... I'll get around to making some art matched sets a little later. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread