Raid advice if you please *no spoilers* (Destiny)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, September 26, 2016, 17:00 (2762 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Chappy, Monday, September 26, 2016, 17:03

Weapons:

Primary: I'd suggest a mid or high impact scout rifle you're comfortable with. The Crucible Vendor Hand Cannon is a really good alternative.

Secondary: I think you'll want both a high impact shotgun and a high impact sniper. If you can only infuse one, infuse the sniper. No recommendation on elemental damage for fear of spoilers.

Heavy: I can't see if one of those 350 heavies in your inventory is Gjallarhorn, but finish that quest.

Armor:
Getting your light level up trumps everything, but if you can afford to be picky try to have these perks: Rocket Launcher Ammo, Sniper Ammo, and a primary reload that matches your primary (especially if you use a hand cannon). No recommendation on elemental armor or exotics for fear of spoilers.

A note about artifacts:
Artifacts are very common roadblocks to light level increases. There are many opportunities to get light level increases for all your armor, weapons and ghost, but not your artifact. If you have any opportunities to get a light-leveled artifact remaining*, save them for a couple of days before the raid. That way all of your gear should be higher than your artifact, and when you do get an artifact it'll drop at or above your current max light level. That way there will be a better chance that drops in the raid can be immediately equipped to increase your light level.

* Artifacts greater than 350 can be obtained from Eris Faction rankups (75% chance per rank) and opening chests at the end of a strike with a skeleton key (50% chance per key). Each character will get one skeleton key when they complete the Sepkis strike for the first time in the story. You can get 1500 Eris reputation by finishing the bounties you pick up by completing the Court of Oryx each week, and each Court completion can give 25, 50 or 100 reputation depending on the Tier. Hoard these opportunities and use them judiciously to make sure you get your artifacts as high as possible.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread