Sounds amazing! (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 23:53 (2738 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I'll keep my expectations low until the game is actually out (or even actually announced), but the article has me interested.

This in particular:

One of the terms we’ll be hearing often with Destiny 2, according to sources, is “play-in destinations”—a new activity model that will revamp how Destiny’s world functions. The plan, from what I’ve heard, is for Destiny 2's planet areas to feel more populated with towns, outposts, and quests that are more interesting than the patrol missions you can get in Destiny.

Sounds very much like exactly what I want from the game (or at least the vague idea I have in my head).

I was honestly beginning to question if I'd even buy Destiny 2 it was just more Destiny as we currently know it. Increasingly, the answer was leaning more and more towards no. And while maybe that's not actually true, I'm extremely glad to hear that they're looking to change it up significantly. It's not surprised to hear--Bungie hasn't typically been a company to keep doing the same things over and over without significant improvements between iterations, but Destiny's DLC and expansions had me doubting that somewhat.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread