Oh! To be a fly, on the wall. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 02:00 (2760 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by INSANEdrive, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 02:03

Well.
Hmm.
Interesting.

How do I start this post, I guess I'll go in the same order as the Kotuku article.

Destiny 2 On PC

Destiny on PC is not surprising in the least. With the scope Bungie seems to be aiming for it was only a matter of time. I wonder if there will be mod support? Oh I can only dream. Oh the things I would mod.

Also not surprising... the number of people behind all this. Collectively, thousands of people are working on Destiny. Outsourcing. It's a thing.

Late 2017.

Yea.

"Destiny 2 to feel like a proper sequel"

- Yea. I'm going to miss some of those supers and exoti-...

"All signs point to the developers starting from scratch"

O_O Oh. That much? That bad?

"D2 is a completely different game" "The Taken King was a reboot for Destiny 1 to fix small things. This is the overhaul to fix big things"

This is the scariest line.

BUNGIE! YA'LL BEST BE CAREFULL... YO' TROTT'N ON A DANGEROUS LINE. For more information look at how much was invested into Mass Effect and the fallout from the last 20 minutes. Admittedly not has bad as in the time scope of things, yet... still.

Through with that said sounds like they are doing a Mass Effect 1 & Mass Effect 2. TL;DR for those who hate awesome storytelling (AKA Never played Mass Effect): Refining Gameplay.

Also I wonder if they are also reworking the back-end. If the rumors are true for how long it takes to boot up the map file... answer is a definite yes.

"Play-in destinations"

Again the Mass Effect 1&2 analog works here too. Less open space. More living spaces.

"Assuming Destiny 2 won't let players carry over their old characters..."

WOAH! WOAH! WOAH! WOAH! WOAH! WOAH! WOAH!

Let's not get carried away here. That is a big deal. That frankly, as I recall, goes against one of the core ideas of Destiny. How am I supposed to "build my legend" if it's with another character? You know what... this is all speculation... Bungie won't...

(Last I heard, Bungie has not yet finalized these decisions.)

O_o
What do you mean by that? You're assuming...so...um... ok. >_>
Hmm. Am I reading to much into this? For now my answer is a hesitant yes.

I just. I don't want to be compelled to make another mega post. ._.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread