Ad watchdog looking at No Man's Sky (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 14:28 (2759 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think No Man's Sky is unique, and I honestly have a little sympathy for Hello Games. I don't think they realized how their initial reveal would capture so many people's imaginations, and after that the pressure to feed the hype train was too great, and I honestly don't believe that pressure came from within Hello Games. I don't think features were hawked with the intent to deceive, but they weren't able to execute on every "feature" they mentioned by ship date.

Had No Man's Sky stayed under the radar (and perhaps been a slightly cheaper digital-only release), I think people would be blown away by it. Did they set out to make a AAA game with Collector's editions, bonuses, talk show appearances and all that jazz? I don't think so. Size is the complicating factor when it comes to categorizing it, though, and was always going to be bullet point for the game. No Man's Sky is an infinitely large small game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread