Book of Sorrows (Spoilers if you haven't read it) (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 14:43 (2766 days ago)

So I've been reading up on the grimoires and while doing that I just came to a weird parallel.
Correct me if I'm wrong. First, for some backstory, It was said that on Foundation (birth world of the hive) there where two entities:
1. The Leviathan (The Deep)
2. The Traveler (The Sky)

This is mostly speculation, but it was the Honest worm Yul that gave the three sisters their worm to become hive kings/queens and live past their short 10 years of life. I'm a belief that Yul is in some way an association with The Deep. It just fits for some reason. Mainly because of the hatred for the traveler and the need to destroy. Anyway, my point is that when Yul gave the three sisters their worms they became thus:

You must obey your nature forever. In your immortality, Aurash, you may never cease to explore and inquire, for the sake of your children. In your immortality, Xi Ro, you may never cease to test your strength. In your immortality, Sathona, you may never abandon cunning.

I see a very strong parallel between these three and Guardians, who the traveler essentially created.

1. Titans who never cease to test their strength
2. Warlocks who never cease to explore and inquire
3. Hunters who never abandon cunning

It just fits so well that I can't help but notice it. Oddly it still took me a little while for it to click. Even if you forget the whole good (Traveler) vs evil (Leviathan) and light vs dark. There is huge feeling like we are the children of our parents made to fight their battles.

Very similar to Babylon 5...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread