Hotfix deployed (AKA, RIP Omnigul farming) (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 16:29 (2766 days ago) @ Claude Errera

i've wasted two perfected offerings so far. both times had 5 ppl and we just couldn't get it done. hopefully these new drop rates help.

Yours is not the first post that mentions this. I did 3 perfected runs successfully last night, with a group of 4 (me and 3 randos) - I'm not very good. (I WAS working pretty hard at not dying, which makes a pretty big difference in the time you have to take down the boss... but in general, I'm a middling player.) I guess i just got lucky with the randos?

I'd go back and look at their light levels... except I can't find any place that actually archives Forge fights. :(

I've had a handful of near misses before this one, but I was still around 350 light for those. Running it last night at 365, I was doing a much better job of just surviving (I think I only had to be revived once while the other players were dropping like flies), and I was doing a lot more damage. At one point I actually stopped damaging the boss to go res the rest of the group before finishing him off. I think you get resurrected and still get rewards if you're dead when the boss drops, but, just in case, I'd rather not take the chance of screwing over the other players by killing him when I'm the only one alive :p

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread