THAT'S AWESOME. (Off-Topic)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, October 03, 2016, 00:40 (2755 days ago) @ Funkmon

I watch all your videos and I never even thought about it. They fly so well and so long, I assumed they had motors. What is the reason for putting it off so long?

I've actually flown quite a bit of powered in the past, but at the same time I was getting into slope soaring and sloping is just SO much more relaxing and enjoyable....and less expensive. Since gliders don't need motors, they don't need speed-controllers or big motor-sized batteries, all of which cost a lot more than a small battery for the receiver and servos. Crashing/repairing/reusing is a lot cheaper without motors. :)

The flight-time ROI is a lot better too, because you can fly a sloper as long as the wind blows at the hill, the battery will last for DAYS. Versus a powered plane that barely flies for 5 minutes, if you're lucky.

P.S. Here's two more flights from today...I got a little more daring with a few barrel rolls and close passes. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread