You arn't giveing your self enough credit. (Fireteam Builder Events)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, October 10, 2016, 01:37 (2726 days ago) @ Kermit

Sorry, but I have other commitments. Plus, I think I need a break after yesterday. I sincerely apologize for not realizing I was signing up for something so involved. I thought I'd just get to play through the parts of the raid I had not yet played this week, grabbing the chests (and the quest) that we didn't get during our blind run.

I've played longer raid sessions but none so grueling. On the plus side, I got a few legendary weapons, a ton of blue engrams, the rare "Bridge of Sighs" achievement for constantly disappointing Zero and the ultra rare "Gaslight" achievement for allowing myself to be convinced that I need not go the tower before we finish the raid in order to remove all those exotics from the postmaster.

No, I'm not bitter. :)

If you don't get it done, I'll be glad to pick up the quest later this week.

Kerm

Cool. Give a time and date when you can so that Durandal and I can make sure to sync our watches ("later this week" has been noted through). Yes I am aware yesterday may have been particularly taxing, and Zero in all his exacting skill can be quite the vocal taskmaster ( Hi Zero! :D), and in such you went beyond what you normally would have done. Yet, you aren't giving your self enough credit.

It's done.

We did it.

See you star side, when you can. We aren't legends yet, but we're close. :)

Yeah, I'm just venting a little. I know Zero has expectations of his teammates and I appreciate his willingness to help me on many occasions, including this one--I just didn't realize going in what a commitment this was going to be, and the pressure and some of the reactions to my mistakes didn't help. Honestly, I don't think I did that badly considering my light level. (Plenty of mistakes were made my others.) Yes, I often failed on my first attempt to do something, but that's no surprise to me. It was my second time through the raid (my first time actually beating the boss), and probably not the best context for me to attempt my second run. Finally, I'm not one who should criticize using the wrong tone with anyone given my own failings this weekend. Instant karma's gonna getcha.

I have a lot going on until Wednesday or Thursday. Not ruling Monday night out, but it's unlikely I can play.

Kermit

Question: Is there anything more I could have done to have made it more apparent at the task at hand? You can see most of the stuff I posted higher up in the comment tree.

I still think you're being too hard on your self as if you're carrying more then you need to, but I also get the feeling that I might not be seeing the whole picture, to which is none of my business and I leave it at that. This segways nicely to the times; if Monday turns out to not be possible, right now I'm planning to changing it to Friday, provided this works well with Durandal as well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread