Different strokes... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 17:34 (2760 days ago) @ ObsidianKitteh

I can't stand Titan boosters or the damn hunter mid air hop. The warlocks glide is the most graceful and intuitive of the 3, unfortunately it's also the slowest. I think that's why others hate it. Funny though that people either think it is the best, or the worst, not somewhere in between.

I find that non-Warlock folks who play only one class extensively tend to dislike the Warlock jump because of how it differs from their playstyle.
Most that I know who play all three classes seem to understand the finesse and freedom afforded by the glide (such as in this moment 55 seconds into the vid, where I use the glide to scope the enemy base before locating and dropping on an enemy).
Of all three, Warlock definitely has the best overall jump (and doesn't need manipulation tricks or special exotic boots to help it), but it's also the toughest to learn and take advantage of, so there's a definite learning curve compared to the other classes.
One thing that doesn't quite make sense is the idea that it's the "slowest" jump. If you used Focused Burst (as you should be), you cover ground faster than anything besides the Controlled jump Titans.

That said, I think the increased height for Hunters is vastly superior to Triple Jump, and I used to run Increased Height for Titans almost exclusively until I started having fun as a Controlled Jug Shotgun douche.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread