Raid Secret? *Spoilers* Also *Spinfoil Hat Time, Big Time* (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 21:19 (2737 days ago)

This whole post is full of spoilers for the normal mode raid. Don't read it at all if you don't wanna know.

I don't have screenshots because I'm a ninny. Sorry guys.

Last night my buddies and I were sherpaing three friends through the raid who had never done it before. We intentionally did not tell them anything about any encounters, only showed them where hidden things were like chests and monitors etc.

Anyway, we got to the disco lights room in the tesseract and the new guys noticed something. Before I tell you what they noticed, I want to remind everyone what this room is. After the 4th monitor room, you go down down down into the freaking awesome tesseract from Oblivion/giant siva octahedron. Inside it is pitch black. Except when a guardian walks over a section of the floor, that section lights up like the floors lights of a disco (except all whitish-blue instead of fun and multicolored. This room has been largely ignored by the raiding community. We got the 5 monitors, there can't possibly be another secret here, right?

EXCEPT: One of the new guys jumped down to Aksis pt.1 area and noticed that the floor directly beneath the Tesseract hole has a pattern on it. A pattern that 100% matches the disco floor of the tesseract. This floor has 9 sections. The middle one (the hole in the disco floor, assuming they do correlate) is unique. Of the remaining 8 sections, two of them are tiny representations of the disco floor (small middle square surrounded by 12 much smaller outer squares) and six of them are section-sized squares with circles somewhere in them. There are six members in a fireteam. Also, if you kill yourself at this point, before having started the Aksis fight, you respawn in the disco room. From the disco room, you can clearly "read" the map on the floor below by standing at an edge and using your sniper rifle to zoom in.

It all seems far too coincidental to me, and I suspect that there is a secret in the disco room that has to do with the clue on the floor below in the Aksis room.

Start your spading!

PS: If you don't know what spading is, it relates to the four "suits" of gamer. Clubs mostly pvp. Hearts play to help people. Diamonds want to collect all of the things. Spades want to dig into the game and discover all of the secrets it holds.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread