They're so interchangeable though. Okay, okay, I'll bite. (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Monday, October 24, 2016, 21:42 (2742 days ago) @ Morpheus

Hive, I guess. I enjoy killing hordes of thrall at once, as well as the death animations for critical hits are great on all hive. I hate wizards, but that also means I really enjoy killing them.

I do wish that there weren't so many units that were effectively cognates between factions. It literally would not surprise me if dregs, acolytes, and psions all used the exact same AI script.

And of course none of the units have "group" tactics. They all act the same no matter whether there's one of them or twenty. Why are cabal soldiers hiding behind their phalanxes? Why don't they have some sort of grenade lobbers to fire over the shields? That would make a lot more sense than straight shooting guns that can't fire because there's a giant shield guy in front of you. The presence of a captain in no way affects the behavior of the subordinate troops. None of the enemies react to the deaths of any of the other enemies. Grenade near me? Run grenade_anim_1. Doesn't matter if I have 10 friends around, we're all gonna run grenade_anim_1. Sure would be nice if one of them would dive on it to save the others. But no. Again, I feel like Halo did at least some of these things (reacting to other enemy deaths for certain), and Destiny is a step backwards in terms of the enemy behavior and complexity.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread