State of the Crucible (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 00:18 (2766 days ago) @ ChaosSociety
edited by Avateur, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 00:50

Simply put: shit. The shotgun meta is real right now with everyone running around with Matadors with stupid range, primaries are terrible unless you own a Blind Perdition or Clever Dragon, and every titan is Juggernauting. Why did Bungie feel the need to nerf Gunslingers so much so that now they literally can't kill anyone unless they're minimum armor? I know this will be a divisive opinion, but I say bring back Thorn to its former glory. At least then we will have SOME answer to the shotgun rush.
Okay rant over. Go ahead with telling me to git gud or stfu or whatever.

Nah, you have valid points. Shotguns are everywhere, but at the same time, snipers are everywhere also. I don't know what gametypes you're in, or if you play Trials or what, but man, sometimes there's just no winning even if you're the one using a shotgun. Luckily, I think for the first time in over two years of this game, I finally got a sniper rifle that I'm really good at. I feel like I'm killing people in the ways that I usually end up getting killed by snipers, so that makes me very happy.

Fusion rifles are also stupidly good at countering shotguns again, and it's definitely made me think twice before rushing in. Also, my MIDA and Grasp of Malok appear to have no issue dispatching people who come at me in Crucible. I don't have Blind Perdition or Clever Dragon.

At the same time, shotguns may need some sort of nerfing. Bungie's done some things to them, but it's tricky because you don't want to make them worthless. The other issue is that Bungie tends to overcorrect when they nerf, so that could be bad.

As for Gunslingers, psh, about time they got smacked down. I think they're fine. As for Juggernauting Titans, I mean, I play a Titan, and I destroy other Titans. And Warlocks. And Hunters. Obviously I'm just one person, but play style has a lot to do with it. I don't generally let the enemy get close enough to me to shotgun me unless I'm the one closing ranks. My problem is definitely snipers, but it can be managed.

You're also not the only person who shares your opinions, and not just about shotguns. I keep hearing from people I play with that after Rise of Iron, something changed in Crucible as far as how it matches people up or how ridiculous the games are. I have no clue at all if any of that is true. I personally don't feel a difference. But I guess a bunch of people I'm playing with, including people who I don't regularly play with, feel like something (or lots of things) in Crucible need to change. But hey, if Bungie can keep it dynamic and well balanced without flipping the car 7 times, why not keep tweaking and updating?

Edit: Oh, and leave Thorn alone. It's fine the way it is. In the right hands, it's still very deadly. I'm actually seeing the year 3 version more frequently now, and it can be a pain in the ass. Handcannons as a whole have been making somewhat of a comeback it seems to great effect.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread