Question (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, October 28, 2016, 23:00 (2758 days ago) @ CyberKN

The best way is to join a person with lower overall standings than you, and let them queue the match. I think matchmaking is weighted (or dependent on) whoever is fireteam lead. For example, I notice a significant difference in the ability of players when I run in a fireteam where CruelLegacey is the lead than if I or other less skilled PvP players are the lead. This is very consistent and noticeable for me over time. (I'd be willing to test this with you if you'd like, I'm confident you're the better PvPer of the two of us...)

I am pretty sure Bungie has stated that the game tries to matchmake you so that you would win 50% of your games, based on past performance. So in a given session I'd say that you're likely to have matchmaking drop you to a lower level once it "breaks up the teams for a better match" at least twice. It doesn't do that every game though, and I've never tested it (on purpose, heh)... I'd guess losing 3-4 in a row (badly) will get you bumped down enough in matchmaking for the session to be noticeable. There are also other factors, like latency, who's playing around you, what time of day you're playing, etc.

I also don't know if jumping out and back in takes today's standings into account or it resets and does the math for overall. I'd bet that if you jump out and in, it's most likely matchmaking you on overall performance rather than an angoing session's performance.

But in general I believe you'd have to have a serious losing streak over time in order to correct what you are talking about on an overall basis.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread