This is typical of Bungie (Destiny)

by Durandal, Saturday, October 29, 2016, 11:59 (2758 days ago) @ CyberKN

The artists really put effort into the tiniest details. Skyboxes, Character and weapons models, sounds, etc.

I felt that the final mission is suitably horrifying, but the SIVA fallen need more of this horror, or SIVA minions of other races that are equally mutated to sell them as an alternative faction. The reskin of the Fallen models and slight modifications to the behavior really didn't change things up enough. As sick as I am of the Taken and their hacks, they did significantly change up the gameplay from the base enemy types and had that otherworldly vibe. At this point I've killed so many fallen that the SIVA splicers are still a "For Me it was Tuesday" attitude. Only the Raid really mixes this up.

SIVA just isn't a big factor in the enemies and other then art in the environment it isn't a factor in game play. This would have been an excellent opportunity to make deformable or altering/moving terrain and enemies that kind of grow or mutate a la the Flood of Halo 3. Realistically that may have been too much for a small team with limited ability to push Destiny's engine, but I hope that is something that can be sneaked into Destiny 2 when we re-encounter SIVA on the fringes of the SOL system.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread