Tell that to Rockstar. Or Blizzard. Or Valve. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 31, 2016, 17:09 (2759 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I mean seriously, do you think people would be trying to shove microtransactions into everything and sell games as a service if it wasn't working? Of course, most companies aren't Rockstar or Blizzard and aren't going to have that sustainability from a single release. But microtransactions are a thing because they work. I hate them as much as anyone, but it's a war we've already lost. We're clearly in the vocal minority on that front.

Yes, they work (for now), but they simply hurt the games they are in creatively. There will probably come a time down the road when people change their minds, and we go back to the way it was before. As a result, we'll get games that are even better.

I don't play rockstar games nor blizzard games. Guess why? I don't play Valve games because they haven't released the next part to Half Life yet, but see nothing wrong with their console releases that lack microtransactions.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread