Is the Trials competition really so weak on Xbone (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, December 01, 2016, 00:57 (2693 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I stopped trying to get to the lighthouse after my second attempt. I won my first match, 3-0 then they left. I provided to never win a round again for my next 2 tickets. So the competition is there. I am not great, but I am a solid FPS player and understand flow and where people SHOULD spawn, so no clue what happened here. Makes me want to get taken through.

There's no spawns in trials after the initial ones. The game is all about unpredictability, map control, and orb control. Gun skill actually has very, very little to do with success rates in the game because latency, lag, and/or netcode results in 1v1 fights being trades even against obviously unskilled opponents. The game is far more about movement, positioning, and team-shooting (necessary to avoid lag-trading).

The result is that you spend your game either catching someone unawares and then steamrolling the enemy quickly, or playing cat and mouse hoping to isolate a solo player and pick him off and then press your enemies, or catch them in a mistake as they push too far and overextend. It's fun, but it's not a classic FPS PvP skillset and almost zero of my Titanfall or CoD chops come into play in Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread