Destiny Soundtracks (Let's discuss because I'm bored) (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, December 01, 2016, 14:16 (2697 days ago)

The Destiny Original Soundtrack and Destiny Taken King are both streamable on Amazon Prime music, so I've been partaking the past two days while plugging away at the office. Things I've noticed about each one, since the original is with Marty and Taken King is not.

I'll first preface by saying, I'm not offering any sort of critique. I'm complimentary towards both albums. Marty is a great composer, so don't interpret anything as me knocking him.

The music of Destiny is great! Bungie nails it with their audio. The music in Halo was great and the trend continued with Destiny. In the Original, there certain songs where I thought "I remember this song from Halo two." There was one song that almost seemed a copy of Delta Halo. (I don't remember which one, I just remember thinking this.)

The Taken King goes in a different direction, thematically I think. Marty isn't credited in the quick display notes and I don't know enough about the timeline of his exit to know what, if any, input he had. It holds the same general tone, but it is much darker and more aggressive. Which is perfect considering what The Taken King was. I don't know if it just the natural direction things were going anyway, or the change up in staff...but TTK is great and I feel like captured "The Destiny Feel" instead of rehashing "The Halo Feel"

Alright, back to work.

Thoughts?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread