Is the Trials competition really so weak on Xbone... (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 01, 2016, 14:48 (2696 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Rise of Iron was a big blow to my relationship with the game, and festival of Lost was the nail in the coffin. I'll miss the few parts of the game I enjoy, and I really miss playing with the DBO crew on a regular basis, but it just isn't worth spending countless hours jumping through hoops that frustrate me :-/

That's pretty much the reason I didn't even get Rise of Iron. I just accepted that, even as fun as it was, Destiny isn't actually the type of game I want to play. I'm really glad it is for some people, and I do understand the appeal of just jumping in and grinding out strikes or bounties or whatever. There's just too much out there for me to spend my gaming time doing that. Honestly, I still think Diablo III is a much better loot/grinding game, and I do still jump into that from time to time to run through some Rifts. It's mindlessly fun in a way that Destiny just isn't for me.

I'm somewhat hopeful for Destiny 2. From the limited rumors and leaks we've seen, it sounds like it might be working towards something like what I always envisioned. But if it's ultimately just more Destiny as we know it, I'm honestly not sure how interested I'll be. Time will tell, I guess.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread