Yep. (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, December 01, 2016, 16:46 (2674 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I didn't do the festival. Can someone explain why it was so bad this year? I've heard that elsewhere.

They added a fun quest line that let you unlock quite a few of the masks for free, which was cool.
They added a handful of weird new consumables (Chromatic Jackolyte, Whim of Rahool, etc.), which was also cool.
They made it so that all of these new consumables were locked inside their Treasures of the Lost boxes that had to be purchased from the Eververse Store. Which was pretty lame.
They limited rewards for filling candy satchels were to a very small number of masks (may have just been one), a shader, and either the Flight of Shadows or the still broken Jackolyte.

It was essentially a one day event that they gave you two weeks to experience. You pretty much never saw anyone wearing the masks after day one because there was no reward. At one point I got tired of seeing the notification in the tower so I stood in front of Eva, deleted my full candy satchel, and walked away.

I'm pretty sure the two week event was just to give you plenty of time to keep buy Destiny lotto tickets in the hopes that you could win this year's rare items.

On that note, I spent $20 each on loot boxes for FotL 2015 and 2016 and I didn't get the flaming mask either year. I got the sparrow, masks, and ghost shells I wanted this year, though, so not a total loss.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread