It's a shame, because grind *can* be fun (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 01, 2016, 19:14 (2702 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So instead we have situations like Rise of Iron where you finish the story missions somewhere around level 340, and then there is 1 strike playlist that contains 6 or 7 old strikes that you need to grind for 15-30 hours before you level up high enough to do the raid. If those strikes were really fantastic pieces of content, then maybe it would almost be ok. But they're not. They're ok, but certainly not deep enough or diverse enough to hold up under that level of repetition.

#codywasright

I really think the MMOFPS is a dead end. MMOs rely on huge amounts of shit to do, and creating compelling FPS content takes a long time. If I were in charge, I would recognize this, and create a game as best I could around a set amount of content. This means abandoning the MMO genre.

Destiny would work perfectly as a co-operative RPG with FPS elements. They should be moving in that direction, but they aren't. Destiny 2 is simply not going to make any fundamental changes because it's going to stick to its MMO genre.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread