What if its like Hollywood, and they make sequels just for $ (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 00:17 (2693 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think that the potential to make large sums of money with TLoU2 is absolutely a deciding factor in the game getting made... The important question, I think, is can Naughty Dog justify the sequel on an artistic level? Can they come up with a story worth telling? I hope they do.

I think the entire Uncharted series (but especially Uncharted 4, which is the definition of unnecessary sequel) proves that they can.

None of the Uncharted games had the perfect gut punching ending Last of Us had.

To be fair, find me any game that earns a "perfect gut punching ending" like TLoU did...

I've played games with good endings, but no other game has left me feeling like I want to leave the characters perfectly as they are once the credits roll.

It's funny how unhappy I feel to hear that I'm going to be able to revisit such a great world and fantastic characters. Naughty Dog has totally proven that they can tell a story worth telling after the real story is told (Left Behind showed that with TLoU, and Uncharted 4 felt like there was legitimately more to say about Nathan's nature and life)...

I just wish I never had to see anything beyond the look in Ellie's eyes at the end of TLoU, and her acceptance of the lie...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread