Sounds wonderful. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 18:02 (2672 days ago) @ someotherguy

BR borefest is my favourite borefest.

I think it was co-incidental that I started being turned off by the hardcore competitive crowd at around the same time that Schooly D trashed the crucible.

I thought it would be a good idea to limit weapon usage only, but even that I'm not even so sure about. That adds a tremendous variety to the game. You can't just say no pulse rifles because that is dumb. You can't just say no clever dragon because that is dumb. And so while there are quite a few weapons that will simply dominate the meta, banning or restricting gun type would do more harm than good at this point when the game is designed around variety.

Destiny 2 really needs to separate the crucible from PvE. This way, Bungie can include a wide variety or weapons, exotics, and archetypes for use in the crucible, yet balance them all in such a way that nothing is totally dominant. No random perks either. Just a much smaller set of guns, that can be much more easily balanced.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread