I love this idea. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 05, 2016, 17:15 (2692 days ago) @ dogcow

Another thing that I believe would make life in Destiny more pleasant is if drop rates were just higher across the board. I know some people enjoy the purely random element of RNG-based loot rewards. And I do see the fun side of it. It was a thrilling moment when I got my first Mythoclast. The sour side was getting my 7th, 8th, and 9th Mythoclasts with Speedracer in the same party, watching him get progressively more frustrated because he wanted one more than anything else in the game and it just. wouldn't. drop. for. him. Any joy or excitement I experienced from random loot drops over the past 2 years has been overshadowed by my own frustration, or the frustration of the people I play with.

What if the rewards were tied to your actions in game? If you want to guarantee a drop perform a certain task/role. So, for example the Mythoclast would be granted to people who wielded the relic against Aethon.

I think this would be a vast improvement. It'd encourage people to take on different roles and you'd get rid of that stupid RNG.

The actions/goals would need to be carefully designed, of course. But I think that would be a great way to eliminate the RNG frustrations while also encouraging all players to take different roles during the raid.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread