Lag (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, December 07, 2016, 16:22 (2667 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've experience quite a bit of lag in Titanfall 2. I probably need better internet (though mine should be fine based on numbers alone). It's really annoying to watch players skipping all over the place, but it's also nice that I can still shoot them even when they are lagged out. That's one thing Destiny has really screwed up compared to Halo. In Halo if someone lagged out and you were shooting at them, your shots still connected. In Destiny however, when a player lags you just can't kill them.

I'm sure it's a result of Destiny's netcode being focused on PvE then shoehorned into PvP. I think there are some advantages to Destiny's netcode in that players appear to move more naturally while lagged out while in titanfall everything in the game starts skipping around, but it's also harder to kill those lagged out players.

I've only had one instance in Titanfall where a lagged player killed me when I thought it shouldn't have happened. In that particular case he seemed to far away to melee me, but when I watched the kill cam I could clearly see he was a bit closer than he appeared.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread