It's about time: Elite Dangerous coming to PS4 Q2 2017 (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 08, 2016, 17:46 (2693 days ago) @ CyberKN

I haven't tried PSVR, but every gaming site I've read up on it on has said that Driveclub is by far the worst implementation of it.

That is definitely true from my limited experience of it. I'm not particularly impressed with most of what I've played, though (some Job Simulator, a bit of Eagle Flight, all of the Batman thing a few other random things I'm forgetting). All of it looks much, much better than DriveClub VR does (seriously, did I mention how absolutely ugly that game is?), but they all suffer from tracking issues that I would have to think are inherent to the hardware (Seriously, Move controllers? Those things had garbage tracking when they were released, who though reusing them for VR was a good idea?). I get that they had to cut some corners to keep the price down, but VR isn't really something I feel like you can half-ass and make it feel good.

Apparently I'm in the minority there, though. I would also have to assume that maybe PSVR only feels bad in comparison to the Vive, which I've been lucky enough to use, while most PSVR users probably haven't. I don't own either, so I don't really have a horse in the race--I'd love for PSVR to be awesome. I'd love to buy it. It just hasn't proven to be worth a purchase for me.

Anyway, I didn't mean for this to turn into a dive down the VR rabbit hole. I just really loved my very brief time with Elite Dangerous in VR, and if it could work even half as well as it does on the VIVE (on a very top of the line gaming rig, mind you), it might be enough to sell me a PSVR.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread