Mass Effect Andromeda (Gaming)

by Kahzgul, Friday, December 09, 2016, 21:56 (2697 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I don't think they are shooting for an infinite type universe. But from some of what they've said recently, the planets will be large again, maybe even bigger and better than the Mass Effect 1 procedural planets. On those planets will be things like enemy bases you can infiltrate and eventually destroy. It's been confirmed that there will also be set areas where you can establish your own outposts. It sounds like some of the squadmate loyalty missions might involve doing things on certain planets.

I think getting your hopes up for Mass Effect: No Man's Sky is a good bit too much. Instead, I'm imagining Mass Effect 1 done well. Not that I don't love Mass Effect 1, but it was clearly a first time effort compared to 2 and 3. But something of that size and scope with better planets with a good bit more to do on each one. I'll buy that! :)

This is the nice thing about never pre-ordering anything: It doesn't matter how high your hopes get, because you're temperting your expectations by waiting for official reviews.

Anyway, no, I don't expect a full NMS size universe, but I am intrigued by what I have seen. There's not been very much solid info on what's actually out there, how big the worlds are (or how many there are), etc.. so it's all largely guesswork at this point and not very useful. Factually we know there are at least 7 worlds and that you can visit at least 1 of them. We also know that EA says that world is "big" but that's not a number, so it's meaningless. My 3 year old says he has big shoes. They're not big. I'm just sayin'. So we don't really know much at all.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread