meh. (response with MAJOR SPOILERS) (Off-Topic)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 14:20 (2675 days ago) @ Kahzgul

That being said, the ending was so goddamn on point that it made me want to instantly watch ep IV again. Why it isn't being shown as a double-feature is beyond me. The seamless tie-in was great.

I too totally wonder why they aren't showing a double features in select theaters. Tho' I will say this, I took a quick glance at Episode IV this weekend and it's shocking to see the difference between the two in regards to the special effects. If you pair the escape at the end of Rouge One with the chase scene at the opening of A New Hope, it would be jarring & it would make the original feel really really really dated.

One last thing - it's completely unclear why certain members of the "team" actually joined up. Not the randos at the end, but the main guys. No one really questioned it, but it only made sense to me in a "they want to live" sort of way, until the end when obviously that's not why they went with it. I would have appreciated a little more dialogue in the prison to explain how they all became friends and not just guys who are in prison together.

In prison? Jyn was the only one in prison. Oh, wait, you mean when the 3 were being held by Saw Gerrera by the rebel pilot. Meh, their driving values were established well enough for me to understand why they decided to go w/ Jyn & her last ditch effort.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread