Airing of Grievances (Off-Topic)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, December 28, 2016, 18:23 (2673 days ago) @ BeardFade

Maybe we can start an "airing of grievances" in the Festivus tradition.

Arnold Palmer was a big one. For better or worse I don't follow golf that closely but I still knew of him and it was really something to go back and read more about him and the things he had done in life.

My big one for this year would probably be Jerry Doyle. Later in life he was known as a conservative talk radio host, but I will always know him as MISTER Garibaldi on Babylon 5. I don't know that he was a super great (or bad) guy off screen. It's fairly well known he had a problem with alcohol and it was ultimately a factor in his death. Certainly not the biggest named star to pass this year. Probably not one who did the most or championed the most causes. But he was the one that I most felt sad for this year.

Somehow, it seems that a lot of B5 characters have left us. Michael O'Hare, Andreas Katsulas, Richard Biggs, Jeff Conaway, and Jerry Doyle. Not all this year, of course, but B5 is one of my favorite shows of all time and the thing that got me into sci-fi and storytelling so it's always a bit more saddening to me personally when we lose one of the main cast.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread