eh (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, January 04, 2017, 21:31 (2667 days ago) @ Kermit

Glad I played it early before I was exposed to much hype, I guess.

I like to think that I'm fairly immune to hype. I'm all about judging an experience on its own merits... I mean, I loved Limbo, but I'm not going to demand that Playdead knock me for a loop every game, but if they're trying to, I won't give them a pass if they blow it.

I love the experience of playing that game. I've replayed the ending sequence more than replaying anything else this year (save Destiny, I guess) just because it's so deliciously surreal.

I replayed much of the game (sans the Submersible section) a couple of times already, even having some sections marinate in my head for a bit, and comparing story bits with possible Limbo connections. It's a really neat game, but not one that I'll be revisiting much (I'm eager to watch my siblings play through it though).

I didn't think the puzzles were that easy, and I found their progression well done.

I think only a couple of puzzles provided any challenge at all, with the Hidden Object ones being standouts (the one where you use two helmets and the submersible was my favorite). Most of the time it was as CheapLEY said; move left, move right, lift/push the obstacle, move on.

Limbo's puzzles were often layered, and took some thinking to solve. I loved the shockwave sequence, though, but that one was more about timing than puzzle-solving.

Also, is it even possible to spare the director's life assuming he's who I think he is?

Yup. If you don't lunge towards him, he slowly scoots out of the way, letting you go through the window.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread