For whatever it's worth . . . (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, January 07, 2017, 21:11 (2657 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I've said it before, but I think it's worth reiterating, I'm not as negative as I feel like maybe I come off here. I refrain from posting quite a bit when stuff like this comes up, because, ultimately, the conversation seems to play out the same every time. I've had a lot of fun with Destiny, I just don't anymore. I'm not sure if it's just because the new wore off or if the game is actively going in a direction I don't like. I truly have a hard time making that evaluation--I suspect it's perhaps a mix of both.

I still think that Halo Reach is the best game Bungie has ever made, and I'm not sure I'll ever feel differently at this point. I can admire their vision for Destiny, but I find that I'm becoming less and less interested in that particular vision. I want a single player experience that I can play while offline--I truly believe that the random encounters in Destiny can be neat, but none that I have ever personally experienced, or seen in a video, or read about online, have been cool enough to justify giving up a great single player campaign that doesn't require an always online connection. At the end of the day, that's down to personal taste, and again, maybe it just means Bungie isn't making games for me anymore. That sucks for me, but I'll live. Then again, maybe I'll be surprised, and Destiny 2 will be good enough to get me to come back, or they'll miraculously change their minds and give me the Halo Reach-esque game I actually want. Anything could happen, right? (:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread