One Other Thing... (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 09, 2017, 17:00 (2635 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, January 09, 2017, 17:08

There was a huge shift in the culture of the company post Activision. Nearly everything you can say about Bungie before that no longer applies. Yes they want to make cool games, and yes they are talented, but pretty much everything else is now different.

There have been three Bungies: Chicago, MS, and Activision. The first two were pretty similar. The last one not so much.

Says someone on a forum somewhere, as if he knew it to be a certifiable fact. Your pronouncements bug the hell out of me, Cody.

I mean, this is just from my perspective. My opinion. But I think it's an informed one.

By some measurements there have probably been a dozen different Bungies since we've been fans, and so what? Your statements imply that something fundamental is gone, which is precisely the stories ex-employees tend to tell after they're gone--especially if they didn't leave under good circumstances. I'm sure you've been informed by people who have that point of view, and there's probably some truth to it, but what I hate about you pushing this narrative under the guise of someone who has inside information is that you add to the difficulty for those current Bungie employees who might agree with some of our criticisms and may be at this very moment trying to make course corrections.

I made this statement without referencing anyone formerly at Bungie. It has nothing to do with any sort of information I have. All I need to make my statement is out there for everyone, you and me, to see. It's plainly clear if you have been a fan for a long time. I say it is an informed opinion because I have been following Bungie since 1994. Some other fans might not feel that way, but in my opinion it would be pretty hard to justify. Don't confuse this with any project I'm working on right now. I apologize if that's how it came off.

The proof is in the game, the marketing, and the fan engagement. And you're right in one way: who is no longer there is also indirect proof, but not nearly as meaningful given various reasons people might have to part ways.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread