But to directly answer your question... (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 23:14 (2656 days ago) @ marmot 1333

So my answer to the original question is: I don't think a similar crash would happen any time soon. The market is much more diversified, much larger, and much more entrenched in popular culture.

The original question was "If a similar crash were to happen in this generation of gaming in a similar way (i.e. triggered by a disastrous game release), which company and/or franchise do you think is most likely to be involved?"

I don't think anything could happen in this day and age, but since Schooly's not very skilled at posing questions for debate, I figured that he'd come back and complain that nobody answered his question exactly as he posed it, which was a question of which company/franchise would most likely be involved (regardless of the fact that there's pretty much zero chance of it happening). I figured that a literal reply would cover any base.

Microsoft is primarily a software company. They don't need to be in the console market to be successful, so nobody sees a bleak future for the company or gaming market as a whole, but again, gotta keep it simple and literal for Didn't-pay-attention-in-School-y D. :P

Schooly, what do you think? What made you pose this question?

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread