I can jump in and out, but it took some work. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 18:43 (2660 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Despite what some others in this thread are saying, Destiny isn't actually a game that you can just pick up and play whenever you feel like it. Not all the time, and not without some major restrictions. Light Level is such a key part of the game, you simply can't just jump in and do whatever you feel like doing unless your gear is appropriately leveled up. Back in August, I could casually play Destiny whenever and however I felt like it. But then RoI came out, and all my favorite activities were once again subject to Light Level restrictions, and the grind came roaring back in a big way. Except this time, it was probably worse than it had been since the game first launched.

I was so turned off by the terrible end-game grind in Rise of Iron that I stopped playing for about 6 weeks, from late October to early December or so. I jumped back in for Iron Banner and Sparrow Racing league because I figured those 2 activities would be decent ways to level up quickly, and they were. I got all 3 of my character up to max level by the end of December. I now have enough of my weapons and armor up to max light that Light Level is no longer a concern, and I can now play the darn game however and whenever I want. And it's great! I feel like playing a raid, I can jump on and raid. If I'm in the mood to run a few strikes, I can play for half an hour and then get out.

So right now, Destiny is in a great place for me. But it took months of grinding to get there. I'm hoping that we won't see another light level increase. Every time it happens, Destiny turns into a chore until I'm finally past the grind and I can go back to enjoying myself.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread