Meh?! (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 21:10 (2660 days ago) @ narcogen
edited by INSANEdrive, Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 21:28

narcogen: It has a become a strange world in which admitting that one plays other games is evidence of failure on the part of Bungie's designers, and that visiting once in awhile is not "playing" a game, and having done everything you want is somehow a disappointment.

I don't get it.

[image]

I've been sitting here with my mouth open for about... five minutes. Flabbergasted. Not only of this comment, but of the size of the chain below it.

[image]

It would appear some clarification is in order to ween us away from this stunning interpretation.

So lets go into my yammering and poke at it.

INSANEdrive: I visit now and then I Jump in every now and again to see the events or new kit or what have you, but play destiny? What is there to play? I've done everything I conceivably wanted to do in every conceivable fashion. Shooting Valus Ta'aurc for the 5000th or so time is no longer enough to bring me to want to play Destiny. Running around in Patrol and shooting "nameless" foe after "nameless" foe is no longer enough. Some of this is expected with Bungie design sensibilities of reusing everything as much as possible, but now... there are other games. Other worlds. Other Experiences. ... and it's actually fun. In the frame of videogames, If you had a choice between running down the same darned corridor for the 5000th time, where you know where every mote of dust lies, or running down an unknown dark hallway that has yet to be filled with light, which would you choose? Is the choice I have made really so odd?

Right now I'm kicking ass in Overwatch Season 3 Ranked. ONE GAME I still have to finish up Witcher 3 Main story (I'm on the Skellige Isles) TWO GAME. I recently started Ori and the Blind Forest. Wow... that game really is really pretty. Wow! THREE GAME There is also the endless gameplay of Skyrim and Fallout 4 which I would like to do FIVE GAME SEVEN GAME. In March I'll be giving Mass Effect Andromeda EIGHTH GAME... more? a whirl, because even through then ending of three may have been... whatever it is, Mass Effect is by far one of my most cherished gameplay experiences. I'm talking Cody-Deus-Ex-One levels over here. The little bit they have shown has me... ready for another adventure.
I believe this is one of the things I mentioned or questioned in one of my epic texts in the early early Destiny days. There are other games. I want to play them. You may want to play them too. Destiny is not a marriage. It's just another game, fighting in the business of games, even if the marketing or perhaps even Bungie, wants you to think other wise. With that said, I do realize where I am making this post. With THAT said, it is our unwritten SOLEMN DUTY, because I say so, and probably some other things too, to let Bungie know our thoughts so they can act thusly. Because Bungie games are, as far as I know, only as good as the honesty of their fans. ;)

So...

Why would I be playing Destiny? Well? I can only hope that Bungie makes that question a mantra in the coming mouths ahead. Don't get me wrong, if someone needs a sixth or what have you, and I have the time, sure I'll jump on in and help! But to come home, kick back and say "I want to play Destiny" currently does no longer exist in my vocabulary. So Unless a sixth happens, or ya'll jump in to one of my other games I play (or vise versa) I'll see ya'll in Destiny 2!

ALSO DESTINY IS THR WORST GAME EVER AND BLAH BLAH BLHA

I'm not putting a sarcasm tag because hopefully at least one person here can figure it out. If no one here can, well, I'm fu**ed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread