Agree on all fronts (Gaming)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, January 12, 2017, 23:02 (2653 days ago) @ Revenant1988
edited by Pyromancy, Thursday, January 12, 2017, 23:34

I use the PS4 Gold headset and I love it.

Sound quality is great, cancels a lot of noise and being able to adjust game and chat volume on the fly is very nice. I don't know if I can go back to wired headsets now haha.

If I had anything bad to say about it, it would be that it has the same shitty sony rechargeable batteries as the dual shock controllers so you will charge it a lot if you don't have a super long usb cable.

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Gold-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-Black/dp/B00HVBPRUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=148426...

^ This has been a good headset for me. It has decent sound and works with other devices via Bluetooth or 3.5mm pass through. It is rather comfortable on the head, but the inside of the ear cup might be a little bit tight on the ear after a long raid or something. Sliding the headset forward laterally on your head/ears slightly creates a little more space within the ear cup.

I ended up getting the headset brand new for $50, which was a killer deal about 2 years ago. I price matched and used gift card/rewards. I really would love Astro's but I have not been able to justify the extra cost for semi-similar base functionality. I also really wanted a headset that would easily work for multiple platforms without much fuss (no extra cables, clunky in-line adapters, or mix amps)

The downside really is the rechargeable battery, which is sealed inside. Expect about 4 hours on a charge like the DS4 controllers.

When researching 'elite' controllers recently I noticed Sony is releasing a new Platinum headset. It appears that it works wirelessly for PS4 over Wi-Fi instead of Bluetooth and reportedly has upgraded 3D sound functionality and might be optimized for PSVR?
It is more spendy though, and if I were to spend that much, I might as well just splurge on the A40 or A50
(I'm not currently looking for a headset, I'm content with my Gold headset that is still functioning)

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Platinum-Wireless-Headset/dp/B01LW6SOV9

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread