PS4 Pro with RE7 & Deus Ex: MD for $399. F&F Delivery... (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 19:43 (2606 days ago) @ Cody Miller

On Newegg's Ebay.

I was going to tell Cruel to upgrade, but saw this deal and I thought I'd share it here.

I've had the Pro for about three months now, and while not many games explicitly support it (nor do I have a 4k TV), I've been more than happy with it (mostly using it for the improved video capture).

It's literally exactly the same thing 95% of the time. I regret buying mine, but it's not worse at least. Just not better. I expected some games to at least do 60fps instead of 30, but nope. None so far. Useless if you have a 1080p TV.

On the bright side, you've future-proofed yourself. Like I said, the game support isn't there yet (It's only been out a few months), and Boost Mode is something that won't be widely available for another couple of weeks, so for now most consoles have locked processing (no idea why Boost Mode wasn't a default Launch feature).
Also, like I've said before, if you do a lot of video capture/streaming, it's a big help (I've even made use of the 60 minute film clip length on a video that I'm working on).

Other than that, yeah, it's 95% just a PS4 for now, but what were you expecting?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread