Finally Back, Serious PC Questions (Off-Topic)

by EffortlessFury @, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 20:01 (2628 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Try Geek Squad.

I used to work at Geek Squad and as far as quality goes, it's hit or miss by store location, but at least in my experience we do want to help the customer as best as possible.

If you do want Geek Squad to help out, I recommend the Tech Support package. It covers up to 3 computers (any origin, even self built) for up to a year and includes a paid anti-virus of your choice (of the few they offer). It allows you most of their services, including virus scanning and hardware diagnostics (both run from outside your OS environment) as well dusting service and remote support both telephone and remote controlled. </SalesPitch>

I tell you all this now because you might trust someone from a common internet space who no longer benefits from your business there. It's usually worth it, just try to suss out the quality of the techs working at your location from a gut instinct level first. If they seem entirely incompetent it might not be worth it. Overall, the cost of having them do a full sweep and diag on one PC is near the cost of the full year of unlimited use of their covered services for 3 computers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread