That Gameplay Worries Me... (Gaming)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Sunday, February 19, 2017, 03:02 (2616 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

As someone who can handle the fast game play of a modern FPS, I watch this game play and think it's pretty cool.

However, I'm really saddened they made the change to speed up play and remove the stoptime mechanic because I know it will drastically affect my wife's ability to play the game and her enjoyment of the game.

She doesn't play fast, she doesn't do fast. She's not decisive. It's not a bad thing, she's just the sort that considers EVERYTHING. This is what she loved about the original series, all the stories, the choices. It's why she's played through all the MEs with multiple characters AND all the Dragon Ages with multiple characters.

In both those games, and especially Mass Effect, you had this pause mechanic, where you'd bring up your menu and have time to figure out the best course of action. This was really necessary for her. She might be a bit more capable now, but I can just see her being very frustrated with the combat as we saw it in there. It may be slow to those of us who play FPS, but I was perfectly fine with Mass Effect's combat being slower because that wasn't what made the series such a great game to play.

We still plan on buying it and hopefully playing it to death and loving it as we did the first series, but I have some apprehension now. My wife's struggled to find a game she wants to try out for the better part of a year and I think she's kind of bummed about it. If Mass Effect Andromeda doesn't prove to be a good game to her, I think she'll be really let down.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread